Columns

News

Donald Trump: US-Iran deal “largely negotiated.” Pakistan named.

President Trump says a US-Iran peace agreement is "largely negotiated" and will be announced "shortly." The Strait of Hormuz will be opened. Pakistan's Field Marshal Asim Munir was named personally by Trump alongside heads of state. Pakistan brokered the original ceasefire. Pakistan's army chief flew to Tehran and negotiated through the night. Less than twenty-four hours later, Trump announced the deal is largely done. The Thursday Times reports.

Trump to call Arab and Muslim leaders as US-Iran deal reaches a decisive moment

Trump is to hold a conference call with leaders from Saudi Arabia, Qatar, the UAE, Egypt, Jordan, Turkey and Pakistan to discuss a draft Iran agreement. The FT reports a 60-day ceasefire deal is close. Iran says nuclear issues are excluded from the initial framework. Rubio says Iran could accept today. Trump says it is deal or strikes. The Thursday Times reports.

Field Marshal Asim Munir concludes Tehran visit as Pakistan reports “encouraging progress”

Field Marshal Asim Munir has concluded his Tehran visit with Pakistan's army reporting "encouraging progress towards a final understanding" on a US-Iran deal. The Financial Times reports mediators are close to a 60-day ceasefire extension. Rubio says there is a "chance" Iran accepts today. The Thursday Times reports.

One year after Operation Sindoor, India’s rupee is losing to Pakistan’s

One year after Operation Sindoor, the Indian rupee has lost nearly 12 per cent against Pakistan's currency, hit a record low of 96.47 against the dollar, and become Asia's worst-performing currency. Pakistan's rupee, once called worthless, has stabilised. The Thursday Times explains what the data means.

CJP Instagram hacked, X accounts gone, death threats received

CJP's Instagram was hacked. Both X accounts are gone. Abhijeet Dipke received death threats warning he would be killed in the United States. His parents in Maharashtra are publicly worried. The petition to sack India's Education Minister has crossed 568,000 signatures. The government has said nothing. Eight days old. Still here. The Thursday Times reports.
NewsroomGaza Crisis: More Than 17,000 Lives Lost, UN Chief Antonio Guterres Warns...

Gaza Crisis: More Than 17,000 Lives Lost, UN Chief Antonio Guterres Warns of Impending Humanitarian Catastrophe

In a dire and urgent appeal, UN Secretary General Antonio Guterres warns of a deepening humanitarian crisis in Gaza as the death toll surpasses a staggering 17,000. With a heavy heart, he addressed the international community, warning of the imminent threat of a humanitarian catastrophe of unprecedented proportions in Gaza.

New York (Thursday Times) — UN Secretary General Antonio Guterres addressed the Security Council meeting on the situation in the Middle East, including the Palestinian question, and sounded an alarm about the deteriorating situation in Gaza. He raised the specter of public order disintegrating and the mounting pressure for mass displacement across the border into Egypt.

UN Secretary General said that “I fear the consequences could be devastating for the security of the entire region”. He underscored the spillover effect, highlighting that the conflict had already drawn in the Occupied West Bank, Lebanon, Syria, Iraq, and Yemen to varying degrees.

The Secretary General mourned the staggering loss of life among UN personnel, with more than 130 colleagues having perished. He described this as the largest single loss of life in the history of the organization, noting that some UN staff members even take their children to work, as they face the grim reality of living or dying together.

Antonio Guterres stated that the conditions for the effective delivery of humanitarian aid in Gaza no longer exist. Nevertheless, he stressed the UN’s unwavering commitment to remain and provide assistance to the besieged people of Gaza.

The Secretary General said that the situation on the ground is rapidly becoming untenable. More than 17,000 Palestinians have reportedly lost their lives since the commencement of Israel’s military operations, including over 4,000 women and 7,000 children. Tens of thousands have been injured, and many remain missing, presumably trapped under the rubble.

According to the UN Secretary General, approximately 85 percent of Gaza’s population has been forcibly displaced, and essential infrastructure such as hospitals, schools, and UN facilities has been damaged or razed to the ground.

The Secretary General issued a stark warning of the looming threat of starvation and famine, with half the population in northern Gaza and over one-third of displaced individuals in the south already teetering on the brink of malnutrition.

“Attacks from air, land, and sea are intense, continuous, and widespread,” Guterres grimly stated, likening the plight of the people in Gaza to “human pinballs,” who are devoid of even the most basic necessities for survival.

As the humanitarian catastrophe in Gaza worsens by the day, Secretary General Antonio Guterres requested the international community to act swiftly and decisively to avert the impending disaster and provide much needed relief to the suffering population.

Read more

جنرل (ر) فیض حمید کے ”کارنامے“ بزبانِ ابصار عالم

جنرل (ر) فیض حمید نے بطور ڈائریکٹر جنرل آئی ایس آئی ایک نجی ہاؤسنگ سوسائٹی کی ہزاروں ایکڑ زمین پر قبضہ کرنے کیلئے اس کے مالک کو سسر اور نجی ہاؤسنگ سوسائٹی کے دو افسران سمیت اغواء کروایا جبکہ مغویوں کو پراپرٹی ٹرانسفر کے کاغذات پر دستخط کرنے کیلئے بہیمانہ تشدد کا نشانہ بنایا گیا۔

میاں نواز شریف! یہ ملک بہت بدل چکا ہے

مسلم لیگ ن کے لوگوں پر جب عتاب ٹوٹا تو وہ ’نیویں نیویں‘ ہو کر مزاحمت کے دور میں مفاہمت کا پرچم گیٹ نمبر 4 کے سامنے لہرانے لگے۔ بہت سوں نے وزارتیں سنبھالیں اور سلیوٹ کرنے ’بڑے گھر‘ پہنچ گئے۔ بہت سے لوگ کارکنوں کو کوٹ لکھپت جیل کے باہر مظاہروں سے چوری چھپے منع کرتے رہے۔ بہت سے لوگ مریم نواز کو لیڈر تسیلم کرنے سے منکر رہے اور نواز شریف کی بیٹی کے خلاف سازشوں میں مصروف رہے۔

Celebrity sufferings

Reham Khan details her explosive marriage with Imran Khan and the challenges she endured during this difficult time.

Donald Trump: US-Iran deal “largely negotiated.” Pakistan named.

President Trump says a US-Iran peace agreement is "largely negotiated" and will be announced "shortly." The Strait of Hormuz will be opened. Pakistan's Field Marshal Asim Munir was named personally by Trump alongside heads of state. Pakistan brokered the original ceasefire. Pakistan's army chief flew to Tehran and negotiated through the night. Less than twenty-four hours later, Trump announced the deal is largely done. The Thursday Times reports.

Trump to call Arab and Muslim leaders as US-Iran deal reaches a decisive moment

Trump is to hold a conference call with leaders from Saudi Arabia, Qatar, the UAE, Egypt, Jordan, Turkey and Pakistan to discuss a draft Iran agreement. The FT reports a 60-day ceasefire deal is close. Iran says nuclear issues are excluded from the initial framework. Rubio says Iran could accept today. Trump says it is deal or strikes. The Thursday Times reports.

Field Marshal Asim Munir concludes Tehran visit as Pakistan reports “encouraging progress”

Field Marshal Asim Munir has concluded his Tehran visit with Pakistan's army reporting "encouraging progress towards a final understanding" on a US-Iran deal. The Financial Times reports mediators are close to a 60-day ceasefire extension. Rubio says there is a "chance" Iran accepts today. The Thursday Times reports.
spot_img
spot_img

LEAVE A COMMENT

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here
This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

The reCAPTCHA verification period has expired. Please reload the page.